Oakwood University’s LEAP (Leadership Education for the Adult Professional) Adult Degree Completion Program is designed to help adults 25 and older who may be employed full time to complete their degrees while continuing to work. LEAP students can earn a bachelor’s degree in Organizational Management, Psychology, Church Leadership, Information Technology, or General Studies. Classes are available year-round and meet one night a week. Classes are taught onsite, partially online and fully online. All degrees are designed to be completed in approximately 18 - 24 months depending on the number of college credits you transfer into the program (note that students with as few as 30 credits can be accepted). In addition to convenient evening classes, the program provides opportunities for personal and professional development in small group settings and in an adult-learner environment.
If You LEAP Ahead to a College Degree You Can:
- Learn in a relaxed adult environment.
- Attend classes one night per week partially online, fully online, or fully onsite.
- Take one class at a time.
- Convert significant prior learning experiences into university credits by documenting past training.
- Attend small classes with the same small group for the entire program.
- Earn a Bachelor of Science degree in Organizational Management, Psychology, Church Leadership, Information Technology, or General Studies.
- Have earned 30 or more semester hours of academic credits from an accredited college or post-secondary institution (we do accept many trade school, technical, and military credits).
- Be at least 25 years of age or older.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better on a 4.0 scale.
- Provides you with a “door opener” advantage to new job opportunities and/or upward mobility
- Rewards you with personal satisfaction for achieving your educational goal
- Allows you to complete the program at an accelerated rate
- Is a fully-accredited program